What types of Residential Care are available?2022-11-19T14:40:44+11:00

Bankstown City Aged Care has four residential villages able to accommodate people who require support with day to day activities but still have a level of physical ability and independence.

In this accommodation, residents have their own room with a private bathroom and there are communal facilities for meals and activities. Residents are assisted and encouraged to continue their daily activities and improve their quality of life with the support of caring and competent staff.

Ern Vine Village 65 Dutton Street, Bankstown 9707-3791
Yallambee Village 34 Hydrae Street, Revesby 9773-7466
Gillawarna Village 145 Rex Road, Georges Hall 8717-0000

Gillawarna Village and Yallambee Village also accommodate people who are less independent and need more assistance with daily living. Residents receive 24-hour nursing care from caring staff in a safe and dignified environment.

Gillawarna Village 145 Rex Road, Georges Hall 8717-0000
Yallambee Village 34 Hydrae Street, Revesby 9773-7466

Dementia Specific Care provides support for people with dementia, in an environment which is both safe and secure. Trained staff assess individual residents’ requirements, and care is tailored to their specific needs. We offer this accommodation at our largest facility in Georges Hall.

Gillawarna Village (50 places) 145 Rex Road, Georges Hall 8717-0000
Will I have a single room?2017-03-16T04:46:10+11:00

Yes. All our residential homes have single rooms with ensuites.

What are visiting times?2022-06-16T19:46:17+10:00

Due to covid-19, visiting hours may change at short notice. Please contact village for latest information regarding visiting times.

If I live in a residential facility can I still go on holidays with my family and friends?2022-06-16T19:46:20+10:00

You are entitled to 52 days per financial year of leave.

What activities are available in the Facility?2017-03-16T04:56:18+11:00

There is a diverse range of social and leisure activities offered at each facility. A program of these activities is available on each noticeboard. Individual interests, customs, beliefs, cultural and ethnic lifestyles are encompassed by the diversional therapy service and your suggestion on the program is encouraged.

Can I have my own doctor?2017-03-16T04:59:33+11:00

Yes we encourage this however if your own doctor cannot look after you we can give you a list of doctors who visit our residential homes and you can contact them prior to admission to arrange for them to care for you.

Do you have laundry services for my clothing?2022-06-16T19:46:21+10:00

All personal clothing and bed linen is able to be laundered. We do not offer dry cleaning services on site.

Where will my meals be cooked?2017-03-16T05:02:25+11:00

– Onsite kitchens

– Freshly cooked nutritious meals

– Menu overseen by dietician

Can I have a telephone in my room?2017-04-25T23:55:52+10:00

Yes, all rooms have access to a telephone.

What can I bring with me to the home?2022-06-16T19:46:23+10:00

We encourage our residents to personalise their room to make it feel as homely as possible so items such as art, photos, sentimental ornaments and personal items are very appropriate to bring. If you would like to bring a small piece of furniture please discuss it with the manager of the centre first.

Can I bring a car in with me?2017-04-25T23:54:52+10:00



Who is eligible to enter residential care at Bankstown City Aged Care?2022-06-16T19:46:13+10:00

Any applicant is eligible to enter Bankstown City Aged Care, provided they have an ACAT Approval. All applicants must have a government Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) approval prior to entry into an aged care facility. These teams are located at public hospitals and they will assess the applicant’s care needs and then advise on the level of services they require.

Resident of Bankstown – Our Company was established in 1972 through the partnership of 14 Member Organisations. The purpose of the Company was to provide care for the ageing resident of the Bankstown Local Government Area. For this reason we give higher priority to those residents who live in the area or who have family that live in the area. We are still able to take residents who live in other areas but give priority to the people of Bankstown.

What are the steps in the admission process?2022-06-16T19:46:14+10:00

There are several stages in the admission process:

  1. Enquiry: A person seeking placement for themselves or a loved one contacts our company. An Application Pack is sent out which contains an application form and other relevant information sheets.
  2. Application: If a person is ready for placement, there are 2 forms that MUST be forwarded to our Administration office for the application to be processed:
    1. Resident Application and Consent for Personal Information – completed by the applicant or a carer,
    2. ACAT Approval – this is a form that determines a person’s eligibility to enter aged care and is completed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). The phone number to book an assessment is 1800 200 422.
    3.  Income and Assets Assessment – The third form is an Income and Assets
      Assessment, which is a letter received back from Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs and may affect some of the fees and charges when in care. You do not have to submit this information to Centrelink or DVA. In this case, you may be charged the maximum charges applicable.If the applicant is not ready for placement, the Application form is all that is required. Then, when a person feels that they are ready for placement, they should proceed with the Income and Assets Assessment and ACAT Assessment and forward copies of these to us as soon as possible.
  3. Offer of Placement: When a vacancy becomes available, the next potential applicant is contacted to see if placement is still required. Pending all paperwork being supplied, respite can be offered for a period of 4 weeks to ensure paperwork is completed before permanent admission.
  4. Contract Meeting: Resident and Carer meet our Advisory Team to complete all paperwork before permanent admission.
  5. Admission to the Village: The resident is admitted to the village.


What does it cost to enter residential care?2022-06-16T19:46:05+10:00

Basic Daily Fees contribute to your daily living costs. They include a basic daily fee for residents based on approximately 85% of the full aged pension. Additional Means Tested Care Fees may be payable dependent on a person’s private income and assets.

You can be asked to pay an accommodation payment (either a Refundable Accommodation Deposit

[RAD] or a Daily Accommodation Payment [DAP]), if you have sufficient assets.
What is a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) and a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP)?2024-03-21T16:37:32+11:00

A Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) is a lump sum style deposit. A Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) is the equivalent of a RAD, but paid by interest only on a daily basis.

Accommodation payments can be either a full RAD, a full DAP, or a combination of the two types of payments. Further information can be provided upon request.

Full RADS and DAPS as at 1st April 2024 are provided:



Will my home be counted as an asset if I enter care?2017-03-16T08:01:54+11:00

The value of your former home will not be counted as an asset if, when you enter the aged care home:

  • Your spouse or dependent child is living there;
  • A carer eligible for an income support payment has lived there for two years; or
  • A close relative who is eligible for an income support payment has been living there for at least five years.
What services are provided for my fees?2017-04-10T03:39:56+10:00

The services supplied are in accordance with the Quality of Care Principles 2014. For further information please contact our Advisory Centre.

Are there any additional charges I have to pay?2017-03-16T08:08:04+11:00

Yes, other additional services with charges may include:

  • Personal effects such as clothing,
  • Hairdressing,
  • Alcohol and Cigarettes,
  • Dry cleaning,
  • Postage and Telephone costs,
  • Newspaper and magazines,
  • Individual toiletry items of your choice,
  • Pharmacy items which are individually ordered especially for you.

Information regarding any additional services available for you and are displayed in the Facility. The additional charges can be included in detail on your monthly account or in accordance with arrangements made with the Facility Manager.

Financial Report – 30 June 20232023-11-02T16:27:10+11:00

Residential Clients

What is the difference in a daily fee and an accommodation payment?2017-03-20T01:23:14+11:00

A basic daily fee: this covers living costs such as meals, power and laundry. For some people this is the only fee they are required to pay.

An accommodation payment or entry fee:this is for your accommodation in the aged care home. Some people will have their accommodation costs met in full or in part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price agreed with the aged care home. The Department of Human Services will advise you which applies to you based on an assessment of your income and assets.

Do you charge an administration fee for us to put a name on your waiting list?2017-03-17T06:20:20+11:00


What are my rights and reimbursements when I leave?2017-03-17T06:19:22+11:00

No matter which aged care home you live in, your rights and responsibilities are the same. To protect these rights and responsibilities, there is legislation that all Australian Government-subsidised aged care homes must follow, such as the Aged Care Act 1997 (the Act). Should you leave our facility, your accommodation payment is refunded within 14 days of you leaving.

What are the financial consequences if I want to go home or leave the facility?2017-03-16T08:42:49+11:00

There are no penalty costs involved, we require 7 days notice in writing that you are leaving our facility.

Will I have to continue paying my fees if I am in hospital or going on social leave?2017-03-16T08:46:19+11:00

Yes payment is still required whilst you are in hospital or away on holidays

Exactly what is included in the daily fees?2022-06-16T19:46:09+10:00
  1. The following specifies the services that must be provided for all care
    recipients who need them.

    1. Administration
      General operation of the Residential Care service, including
      documentation relating to care recipients.
    2. Maintenance of buildings and grounds
      Adequately maintained buildings and grounds.
    3. Accommodation
      Utilities such as electricity and water.
    4. Furnishings
      Bedside lockers, chairs with arms, containers for personal laundry, dining, lounge and recreational furnishings, draw-screens (for shared rooms), wardrobe space and towel rails. Excludes furnishings a care recipient chooses to provide.
    5. Bedding
      Beds and mattresses, bed linen, blankets, and absorbent or waterproof sheeting.
      Cleanliness and tidiness of the entire Residential Care service. Excludes a care recipient’s personal area if the care recipient chooses and is able to maintain this himself or herself.
    6. Waste disposal
      Safe disposal of organic and inorganic waste material.
    7. General laundry
      Heavy laundry facilities and services, and personal laundry services, including laundering of clothing that can be machine washed. Excludes cleaning of clothing requiring dry cleaning or another special cleaning process, and personal laundry if a care recipient chooses and is able to do this himself or herself.
    8. Toiletry goods
      Bath towels, face washers, soap, toilet paper, tissues, toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture cleaning preparations, mouthwashes, moisturiser, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, disposable razors and deodorant.
    9. Meals and refreshments
      1.9.1 Meals of adequate variety, quality and quantity for each care recipient, served each day at times generally acceptable to both care recipients and management, and generally consisting of 3 meals per day plus morning tea, afternoon tea and supper

      1.9.2 Special dietary requirements, having regard to either medical need or religious or cultural observance;

      1.9.3 Food, including fruit of adequate variety, quality and quantity, and non-alcoholic beverages, including fruit juice.

    10. Social activities
      Programs to encourage care recipients to take part in social activities that promote and protect their dignity, and to take part in community life outside the Residential Care service.
    11. Emergency assistance
      At least one responsible person is continuously on call and in reasonable proximity to render emergency assistance
  2. The following table specifies the care and services that must be provided for all care recipients who need them.
    1. Daily living activities assistance
      Personal assistance, including individual attention, individual supervision, and physical assistance, with the following:
      (a) bathing, showering, personal hygiene and grooming;

      (b) maintaining continence or managing incontinence, and using aids and appliances designed to assist continence management;

      (c) eating and eating aids, and using eating utensils and eating aids (including actual feeding if necessary);

      (d) dressing, undressing, and using dressing aids;

      (e) moving, walking, wheelchair use, and using devices and appliances designed to aid mobility, including the fitting of artificial limbs and other personal mobility aids;

      (f) communication, including to address difficulties arising from impaired hearing, sight or speech, or lack of common language (including fitting sensory communication aids), and checking hearing aid batteries and cleaning spectacles. Excludes hairdressing.

    2. Meals and refreshments
      Special diet not normally provided.
    3. Emotional support
      Emotional support to, and supervision of, care recipients.
    4. Treatments and procedures
      Treatments and procedures that are carried out according to the instructions of a health professional or a person responsible for assessing a care recipient’s personal care needs, including supervision and physical assistance with taking medications, and ordering and reordering medications, subject to requirements of State or Territory law. Includes bandages, dressings, swabs and saline.
    5. Recreational therapy
      Recreational activities suited to care recipients, participation in the activities, and communal recreational equipment.
    6. Rehabilitation support
      Individual therapy programs designed by health professionals that are aimed at maintaining or restoring a care recipient’s ability to perform daily tasks for himself or herself, or assisting care recipients to obtain access to such programs.
    7. Assistance in obtaining health practitioner services
      Arrangements for aural, community health, dental, medical, psychiatric and other health practitioners to visit care recipients, whether the arrangements are made by care recipients, relatives or other persons representing the interests of care recipients, or are made direct with a health practitioner.
    8. Assistance in obtaining access to specialised therapy services
      Making arrangements for speech therapists, podiatrists, occupational or physiotherapy practitioners to visit care recipients, whether the arrangements are made by care recipients, relatives or other persons representing the interests of care recipients.Item Care or service Content
    9. Support for care recipients with cognitive impairment
      Individual attention and support to care recipients with cognitive impairment (for example, dementia and behavioural disorders), including individual therapy activities and specific programs designed and carried out to prevent or manage a particular condition or behaviour and to enhance the quality of life and care for such care recipients and ongoing support (including specific encouragement) to motivate or enable such care recipients to take part in general activities of the Residential Care service.
If I take my own possessions and some furniture, do I get private contents insurance?2022-06-16T19:46:10+10:00

That is a personal choice if you wish to insure your own property.

What is the fee for respite care?2023-01-03T16:46:19+11:00

Respite fees are the same as the daily care fee – at present $56.87 per day. This figure increases every 20 March and 20 September when the government increase the aged pension. It will always be 85% of the aged pension.

Do I really have to complete the Income and Asset Assessment?2017-04-10T05:29:25+10:00

Everyone moving into an aged care home for the first time from 1 July 2014 will need to have their income and assets assessed by the Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs if they want to receive government assistance with their care and accommodation costs. This assessment will be used to determine the costs you could be asked to pay and the amount of government assistance you will receive for your aged care costs and accommodation costs.

The Department of Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs will conduct your income and assets assessment. The Department of Human Services will advise you and the aged care home of the fees payable for your circumstances.

If your income and assets assessment is not completed, you will not be eligible for any Australian Government assistance towards your aged care home costs. This means your service provider may ask you to pay the full cost of your care and the maximum accommodation payment you agreed with the provider.

Do you take all my pension?2017-03-16T08:52:38+11:00

Daily fees are 85% of the pension.

Go to Top